I finally got to work on a project I’ve had in mind for a while. I unrolled my Summersville jelly roll and started sewing! It’s a new pattern/technique for me. We’ll see how it goes!
When we were in Arkansas for Thanksgiving, I also whipped up this little project. I quilted it on my machine when I got home. I’m not really sure what it is, though. The project started as a potholder, but was then too big for that purpose. So, it’s going to sit on my kitchen table and look pretty!
I made these lovely stockings last year from Shea Henderson’s pattern. She happens to be the president of the KCMQG and an awesome lady! The pattern is easy to follow and produces beautiful results! I used dupioni silk that I scored on sale at JoAnn and quilted some accents with pearl cotton thread. The silk was a pain to work with but looks great now that I’m done. Well, I guess I’m not completely done. I’ve got two more of a different pattern about half way done. The dogs may have to wait another year…
I saved the best for last. A few of us girls went to Arkansas last weekend and I spotted this beauty in my mom’s sewing room.
After LOTS of begging and pleading, my mom agreed to let it come home with me! I love these darling little birds decorating the tree!
Sorry I’ve been missing from the blog world for a while. It’s been busy! We were in Arkansas the weekend after Thanksgiving and I quilted two quilts on my mom’s longarm! One I submitted to Quiltcon for the Dear Stella challenge. I really was cutting it close on getting it submitted by the deadline. It was a mystery quilt designed by Heather Spence. A few of my friends and I did it and the proceeds went to a great cause. We were supposed to do a clue a week for six weeks, but I ordered my fabric late. Needless to say, it wasn’t so much of a mystery by the time I got started! I decided to forgo the borders on mine. I love the way it turned out!
I love the way the fabric in the center makes a pinwheel effect! Fingers crossed that it gets accepted!